My go-to salad for summer potluck parties, this pasta salad is a zesty change of pace from mayonnaise-based salads and is full of the color and flavor of fresh garden vegetables.
I have been making this salad for years…ok decades. Chances are, if there is a family barbecue planned, I get a request to bring this. And I never mind because I am a pasta fiend. This salad satisfies my pasta craving every time.
You know when you finish a dish to bring to a potluck, and you have to try some to make sure that it passes the “taste test”? I have to control myself with this one, or else I’ll “taste” too much!!
When making this, I like my pasta a bit al dente, so when it soaks in the dressing, it still has a bit of a bite to it.
I also like to have a pretty consistent chop on all of my veggies. I like the look of having them all roughly the same size. Except of course for the tomatoes, which I sprinkle on top along with the feta and the parsley.
Here is my recipe.
- 2 boxes Spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- ½ of a 2.62 oz. bottle McCormick’s Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 24 oz. bottle of Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 large or 2 pickling cucumbers, sliced into matchstick slices
- ½ green pepper, sliced thin
- ½ sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- ½ red onion, sliced in slivers
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix cooked spaghetti, seasoning, cucumbers, peppers, red onion and salad dressing in a large bowl, making sure that all of the spaghetti is coated with dressing.
- Top with grape tomatoes, feta cheese and fresh parsley
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld