With my first Crab Rangoon recipe being a success (at least for the Crab Rangoon lovers in my family), last night I decided to try them in the air fryer. See, I’m trying to be healthy (thanks Noom!). So I figured I’d try the old air fryer to see if I could still get a crispy, delicious crab rangoon without all that extra oil.
I prepared the filling and wontons exactly the way I had done it in the first recipe (see the original Crab Rangoon recipe here). Then I popped them into the basket of my air fryer that I had pre-heated to 400° F. I was able to get about half of them into the basket without crowding. I gave them a spray of cooking oil and fried them for 7 minutes.
They were really good. Not the same texture as deep fried rangoon, but crispy and light…really good. Taylor called them “divine”, so I guess that’s a win.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know. I’d love to hear about it. Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for more stories and recipes from my family table to yours.
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 min Total Time: 30 min
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 crab sticks imitation crab meat, chopped (or you can use 6 oz. canned crab)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 18 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil spray
- Water for sealing
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F.
- Gently mix cream cheese, sugar, salt, crab, scallions and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Place 1 tsp. filling in the center of each wonton.
- Moisten edges of the wonton with water. Pinch opposite corners in half, then bring together in the center and seal.
- Place wontons in air fryer basket, being careful not to crowd them (you may have to cook in 2 batches). Spray wontons with cooking oil spray and cook for 7 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
One Comment Add yours